Zack’s birthday was on Wednesday and we are celebrating all weekend so it seemed like the perfect time to put together this list of some important lessons he has taught me…
- Never text message when you’re upset. Even if your silence drives the person on the other end crazy. You’ll avoid a lot of trouble this way.
- Napping is necessary. So is dancing. And coffee. And bourbon.
- Wake up early, even on the weekends because a.) it makes you look responsible to others and b.) you can just take a nap a few hours later when you are tired and c.) it gives you lots of opportunities to use the phrase “carpe the fucking diem.”
- When in doubt, eat mac and cheese.
- If there are two things worth getting worked up over, they are sports and politics.
- You’re never too old to play games.
- Having a few high-quality clothing items is better than having a ton of low-quality clothing items.
- If you find a shirt, pair of pants or pair of shoes you like, buy it in multiple colors!
- Family and cats are super important! And even when they drive you crazy, it’s important to remember you love them.